You’ve got the whole world of universities to choose from.
Why limit your child’s options when his or her “best fit” university might be elsewhere? With over 20 years of experience, we know how to help you find the best higher education institution for your child – no matter where it is. We will guide you through the entire process and make sure you don’t miss a crucial deadline.
If your child is thinking of attending university in North America, the UK, Europe or Asia then The University Guys are an invaluable resource.
We’ll discuss the university selection process, suggest a range of suitable universities that best match your child, and manage the application process every step of the way.
How can The University Guys help us?
Specialist support for international university applications
Our 3 Step Process
We will guide you and your child through the entire process of applying to international universities
ExploreDiscover which higher education options around the world suit your child best.
- Agree on a range of criteria for higher education.
- Get to know you and your child’s personality and strengths.
- Create a shortlist of ‘best fit’ universities.
- Plan the onward strategy for selected university applications.
PrepareLearn how to present the strongest student profile and best possible applications.
- Make connections with institutions for “demonstrated interest”.
- Assess the applicant’s profile and make recommendations to improve academic and extracurricular characteristics.
- Advise on appropriate university entrance tests (e.g. ACT, SAT, BMAT, HAT, TSA, etc.) and recommend course providers to help improve results in standardised testing. We also monitor the efficacy and progress of any chosen programmes.
- Prepare itineraries and organise visits to as many universities as desired.
ApplyGet help managing the application process, documents and interviews.
- Offer one-on-one intensive support with application essays.
- Liaise with applicant’s high school for production of materials (e.g. transcripts, recommendations, etc.).
- Assist with completion of application documents.
- Connect students with institutions for video or face-to-face interviews.
- Provide ongoing post-application support.
The University Guys have helped students get offers from over 100 universities worldwide:
“David is the best that I have come across so far in this industry in terms of knowledge, connections, integrity and honesty and responsiveness and in particular he adds huge value in terms of university choice, which as I am sure you are aware is a vast and daunting area.”
Laura Holloway, Director of Overseas University Admissions
“We recommend David Hawkins to our families pursuing international university applications for the following reasons: depth of knowledge of the market (not just US), speed of response, integrity at every level, ability to connect on a personal level with young adults and his ability to provide bespoke advice and find the correct match.”
Jim Reddy, Head of Global University Applications
Why should my child go to an international university?
If you study in the USA, you’ll take a broad range of courses in the first two years of your degree, giving you more exposure to different subjects and more time to figure out your career options.
If you’re eager to jump into the world of work, then you might be better suited to a European education. Institutions such as those in Germany, Spain or the Netherlands offer a very hands-on, practical approach to education, connecting you with employers for work experience while you study.
While in the UK, you can straight on with the subject you wish to study, with no distribution requirements or general education classes to take.
With thousands of institutions around the world, choosing the right university is a tricky process.
But it doesn’t have to be stressful!
Every day, we help students discover which universities offer the best programmes and provide the experience they’re looking for.
From exams to essays to application forms, it helps to have an expert guide you along the way.